Kestrel 2000 Anemometer
The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer will provide wind speed, temperature and wind chill. The Kestrel 2000 Pocket Weather Meter does it all! The Kestrel 2000 Pocket Thermo-Anemometer (pocket weather station) is a small electronic rotating vane anemometer with built-in temperature sensor. The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer uses high precision jewel bearings and a lightweight impeller to provide accurate wind measurements, even at low speeds.
Kestrel 2000 Anemometer Code: K2000
Kestrel 2000 Anemometer
The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer measures wind speed, temperature and wind chill. The Kestrel 2000 Pocket Thermo-Anemometer (pocket weather meter) is a small electronic rotating vane anemometer with built-in temperature sensor. The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer uses high precision jewel bearings and a lightweight impeller to provide accurate wind measurements, even at low speeds. The anemometer impeller is replaceable by the user in the case of damage.
The Kestrel 2000's combination of anemometer, precision temperature sensor and powerful processing enables the instrument to display the wind chill equivalent temperature, a function important to anyone going outdoors in cold conditions. Maximum speed, average speed and units selection are also provided. The liquid crystal display has large 9 mm high digits for a clear readout.
Like all kestrel anemometers, the Kestrel 2000 Anemometer power is from an easily replaceable standard lithium coin type cell, that will typically give up to 400 hours of operation. The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer wind speed monitor switches off automatically if no keys are pressed for 30 minutes.
The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer is made from high impact injection moulded plastic and corrosion resistant materials with the electronics fully sealed. It will float if accidentally dropped into water and there is a hard cover for protection when not in use and a lanyard is provided for added security.
Key Features of the Kestrel 2000 Anemometer:
- Air Speed - wind speed
- Maximum Air Speed / Wind Speed
- Average Air Speed / Wind Speed
- Wind Chill Equivalent Temperature
- Choice of speed units Knots: Metres per second, Kilometres per hour, Miles per hour, Feet per minute, Beaufort Force
- Choice of temperature units: Centigrade, Fahrenheit
- Other features: Waterproof (IP67), floats, Replaceable impeller, Long life lithium battery, Low cost
Operational Guide of the Kestrel 2000 Anemometer (wind speed monitor):
The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer has been designed to be extremely simple to use with no need for complicated set up modes. There are two buttons on the front of the Kestrel 2000 Anemometer. One button (ON) is used to switch the Kestrel 2000 Anemometer on/off and the other (MODE) is used to select the display of current, maximum wind speed or average wind speed, temperature and wind chill equivalent temperature. Holding the ON button down and pressing the MODE button selects the required units.
Temperature Measurement with the Kestrel 2000 Anemometer:
The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer / pocket weather station uses a precision thermistor temperature sensor and like all thermometers, time must be allowed for it to obtain the same temperature as the air being measured. However, the special design of the Kestrel 2000 means that if there is a good air flow over the sensor (by holding the Kestrel 2000 into the wind), this will happen quickly. The 0.1-degree resolution of the display aids in determining when a steady reading has been reached. These features will be greatly appreciated by the user when measuring wind chill on a cold windy day!
Wind Chill Measuremanet with Kestrel Anemometer 2000:
The chilling effect of the wind can be represented by the lower temperature that would be required to produce the same chilling sensation for a person walking in calm conditions. This is known as the wind chill equivalent temperature and is an important indicator in assessing the comfort of personnel spending periods outdoors. It is not an indication that an unheated inanimate object will cool below the ambient air temperature. The Kestrel 2000 Anemometer will give an indication of the wind chill, as well as the wind speed.
These popular Kestrel Anemometers have a small robust design and high accuracy making them an extremely versatile air flow measuring instrument, which is ideal for numerous applications:-
- Agriculture - checking conditions for crop spraying or burning
- Aviation - ballooning, gliders, hang gliders, micro lights,parachutists, paragliders, sky diving
- Civil Engineering - site safety, working conditions, safe operation of cranes, wind stress measurements
- Coast Guard - assessing conditions for survival or safety
- Education - air flow measurements and experiments, assessing outdoor conditions for school sports, environmental studies
- Fire Fighters - indication of fire spreading hazard
- Heating and Ventilation - air flow measurements, checking the condition of filters
- Hobbyists - Model aircraft, model boats, kite flying may use a Kestrel anemometer to restrict flying if too windy
- Industry - air flow measurements, pollution control
- Police - may use an anemometer for the measurement of cross winds on roads
- Outdoor activities - Anemometers are popular with archers, cyclists, fishing, golf, sailing, shooting, track and field sports
- Outdoor workers - assessing conditions
- Science - aerodynamics, environmental science, meteorology
Next Anemometer Model Up ??
Is the Kestrel 2500 Anemometer, which shows time of day and also provides barometric pressure and altitude.
Please click here for all Kestrel Anemometers
Next Anemometer Model Down ??
Is the Kestrel 1000 Anemometer, which does not provide temperature nor wind chill.
|Max Air Speed||Yes|
|Average Air Speed||Yes|
|Wet Bulb Temperature||No|
|Optional PC Interface||No|
|Volume Air Flow||No|