Kestrel 1000 Anemometer
The Kestrel 1000 Anemometer is a small electronic rotating impeller anemometer that can be easily carried in a pocket to measure the wind speed conventiently and accurately. The Kestrel 1000 anemometer uses high precision jewel bearings and a light weight impeller to provide accurate wind speed and air flow measurements, even at low speeds. The Kestrel 1000 is a very popular anemometer for accurate wind speed measurements.
Kestrel 1000 Anemometer Code: K1000
Kestrel 1000 Anemometer
The Kestrel 1000 Anemometer is a small electronic rotating vane type of anemometer that can be easily carried in a pocket to measure the wind speed. It uses high precision jewel bearings and a light weight impeller to provide accurate wind and air flow measurements, even at low speeds. The impeller assembly is replaceable by the user in the case of damage. The Kestrel 1000 is a great anemometer if you just need to measure wind speed, with average wind speed and maximum wind speed, as well as LIVE wind speed.
The Kestrel 1000 uses low power microprocessor technology, which is used to provide speed, maximum speed, average speed and units selection; functions normally only found on more expensive anemometer instruments. The liquid crystal display of the Kestrel 1000 anemometer has large 10 mm high digits for a clear readout so you can easily see the live wind speed at a glance.
The Kestrel 1000 Anemometer gets power from an easily replaceable standard lithium coin type cell, that will typically give up to 400 hours of operation. The Kestrel 1000 Anemometer automatically switches off if no keys are pressed for 30 minutes.
The Kestrel 1000 Pocket Anemometer is made from high impact injection moulded plastic and corrosion resistant materials with the electronics fully sealed. It will float if accidentally dropped into water. There is a hard cover for protection when not in use and a lanyard is provided for added security.
Key Features of the Kestrel 1000 Anemometer:
- Measures live wind speed
- Small robust design
- High precision jewel mounted impeller
- Large clear liquid crystal display
- Maximum and average functions
- Choice of metric / imp units
- Waterproof (IP67), Floats
- Replaceable impeller
- Long life lithium battery - self change
- Low cost - high accuracy / reliability
Operational Guide of the Kestrel 1000 Anemometer (wind speed monitor):
This Kestrel 1000 Anemometer has two buttons on the front of the instrument panel making this anemometer simple to operate. One button (ON) is used to switch the Kestrel Anemometer on/off and the other (MODE) is used to select the display of current wind speed, maximum wind speed or average air speed. Holding the ON button down and pressing the MODE button, selects the required units of wind speed measurement.
These popular wind speed measurement Kestrel Anemometers have a small robust design and high accuracy, making them an extremely versatile air flow measuring instrument, which are ideal for numerous applications:-
- Agriculture - checking wind conditions for crop spraying or burning
- Aviation - ballooning, gliders, hang gliders, micro lights, parachutists, paragliders, sky diving - checking wind speed
- Civil Engineering - site safety, working conditions, safe operation of cranes, wind stress measurements
- Coast Guard - assessing conditions for survival or safety
- Education - air flow measurements and experiments, assessing outdoor conditions for school sports & environmental studies
- Fire Fighters - indication of fire spreading hazard
- Heating and Ventilation - air flow measurements - checking the condition of filters
- Hobbyists - model aircraft, model boats, kite flying
- Industry - air flow measurements, pollution control
- Police - measurement of cross winds on roads
- Outdoor activities - archery, cycling, fishing, golf, sailing, shooting, track and field sports
- Outdoor workers - assessing conditions
- Science - aerodynamics, environmental science, meteorology
Next Anemometer Model Up ??
Is the Kestrel 2000 Anemometer, which also records temperature, wind chill and has a backlight.
Please click here for all Kestrel Anemometers
|Max Air Speed||Yes|
|Average Air Speed||Yes|
|Wet Bulb Temperature||No|
|Optional PC Interface||No|
|Volume Air Flow||No|