Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS - black
Want to keep it simple? Just want SPEED and DISTANCE? Then the Garmin Forerunner 10 is for you. The Garmin Forerunner 10 is an easy-to-use GPS-enabled sport watch that will accurately records your time, average pace, distance and calories burned. This is the black and red version of the Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS.
Garmin Forerunner 10 product code : 010-01039-03
Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS (black version)
The Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS watch : Who's it for? Anyone who runs or cycles to keep fit, but, importantly, is not interested in heart rate. The Garmin Forerunner 10 is simply a GPS speed and distance watch, it does not give heart rate. The key user of the Garmin Forerunner 10 could be a recreationally competitive runner ~ 5K's, 10K's half and full marathon - or possibly a club cyclist with primary interest speed and distance (no pedal cadence support or heart rate).
Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS product update
Garmin is excited to announce that the Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS running watch is more customizable than ever and now provides Lap Pace, Average Pace, Lap Speed and Average Speed data. These new features are available on new production units and as a free software update at GarminConnect.com for units already in the market. When your run’s done, upload data from your Garmin Forerunner 10 to Garmin Connect™ to see your run on a map, get more detail on each mile and share it with friends for free. Every mile matters and now there’s a simpler way to capture each one. BHIP Ltd have UPGRADED all stock to the latest versions of firmware.
Key Updates to Garmin Forerunner 10
- *New* Lap pace: average pace in the current lap
- *New* Average pace: average pace for the duration of your current activity
- *New* Lap speed: average speed in the current lap
- *New* Average speed: average speed for the activity
- The default pace/speed field will continue to show current pace, but you can choose another pace or speed type instead.
- Only 1 pace or speed type can be shown at any given time
The Garmin Forerunner 10 has 3 key training features for the enthusiastic runner:
- Virtual Pacer™ compares current pace to target - our favourite Garmin Forerunner 10 feature
- Auto Lap - lets you see a breakdown of lap by lap, mile by mile performance
- Auto Pause - the Garmin Forerunner 10 will stop recording when you are stationary.
What Garmin say about their Forerunner 10 :
Garmin is excited to announce the Garmin Forerunner 10. This stylish GPS running watch tracks your distance, pace and calories. It's our lightest, most comfortable watch yet and is available in sporty green or black with red accents. It's so easy to use, you can start your run by pressing one button. Forerunner 10 has a Virtual Pacer™ feature that compares your current running pace to your target. The watch also identifies your personal records to keep you motivated. When your run's done, upload to Garmin Connect™ to see your run on a map, get more detail on each mile and share it with friends for free. Every mile matters and now there's a simpler way to capture each one. See it in action at Garmin.com/forerunner
- View all Garmin Forerunner GPS / Heart Rate Monitors
- View all Garmin Edge, Garmin Forerunner and FR training products
The Garmin Forerunner 10 ~ Easy to Use
Garmin made the Forerunner 10 simple to use. One of Garmin's objectives with the Garmin Forerunner 10 was to have it working strainght out of the box. All you need to do is charge it, take it outside to find GPS satellites and answer a few setup questions. As you run, you can see your time and distance clearly displayed on one screen and calories and pace on another. You can also customise the settings of the Forerunner 10 to show pace and distance on the same screen. The Garmin Forerunner 10 will even synch with the GPS time of day in your country, so no need to set the clock.
Garmin Forerunner 10 ~ Training Tool
For runners who want a little more the Garmin Forerunner 10 has a couple of useful training features like Virtual Pacer™. The Virtual Pacer compares your current running pace against your target pace. The Garmin Forerunner 10 also has a run/walk feature that's helpful if you're just starting out or your running plan includes walk breaks.
The Garmin Forerunner 10 is Garmin's lightest, most comfortable Forerunner watch yet and is available in sporty green, pink, or black with red accents. The black and red model has a slightly larger watch face and wider wristband. All models can be worn as a regular watch, so your running partner is always on hand.
Motivating Feedback from your Forerunner 10 GPS
As you run, the Garmin Forerunner 10 automatically alerts you when you complete each mile, giving you a bleep and the screen flashes your time for the mile Forerunner 10 even lets you know when you achieve a personal record, like your fastest mile or longest run to date.
Garmin Forerunner 10 ~ Training Tools
For runners who want a little more, the Garmin Forerunner 10 has a couple of simple training features like Virtual Pacer™, which compares your current running pace to your target. It also has a run/walk feature that's helpful if you're just starting out or your running plan includes walk breaks.
The Garmin Forerunner 10 Key Features:
- Garmin Forerunner 10 has a High sensitivity GPS receiver
- Records position, speed/pace, distance and calories
- Easy-to-use, button operated
- Identifies personal records
- Virtual Pacer™ compares current pace to target
- Run/walk feature
- Auto Lap®
- Auto Pause®
- Visit Garmin Connect to store and share workouts; GarminConnect.com
- Forerunner 10 is water resistant up to 50m (splash proof really)
- Automatic time zone
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery: up to 5 hours battery life in training mode, up to 5 weeks in power save mode
- Weight: 1.3 oz (36 g) pink and white, green and white; 1.5 oz (43 g) black and red
- Display: black and white, 55 x 31 pixelsSize (cm): 4.01 cm x 5.22 cm x 1.57 cm (green and white); 4.55 cm x 5.72 cm x 1.57 cm (black and red)
- Temp range:- 4oF to 140oF (-20oC to 60oC)
- PC compatability and MAC compatability - The Garmin Forerunner 10 is 100% MAC compliant - both Intel based and Power PC based MACs. Customers may need to download latest versions FREE from garmin.com
What's In The Garmin Forerunner 10 Box?
- Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS in Black and Red
- AC charger
- Charging/Data clip
- Manuals for the Foreunner 10
Next Garmin Forerunner model up?
Garmin Forerunner 10 Videos
|Watch/Unit Dimensions||4.55 cm x 5.72 cm x 1.57 cm (black and red)|
|Time of Day||Yes|
|Chronograph / Stopwatch||Yes|
|Heart Rate Monitor||No heart rate|
|Show percent of max HR||No|
|Time Spent in HR Training Zone(s)||No|
|heart rate alarms||NA|
|Distance measured||Yes with integrated GPS|
|Running Pace||Yes with integrated GPS|
|Pace / Speed alarms||No|
|Realtime Speed||Yes with integrated GPS|
|Swimetrics - swimming data||No|
|Training Load / Training Effect||No|
|Coaching / Training Programme||No|
|Resting heart rate / fitness test||No|
|Time left before recovered||No|
|Heart Rate recovery timer||No|
|PC / Mac upload||Yes - PC & Mac|
|Level of PC download data||Full details - graphs and summaries including lap data|
|Session memory in watch||7 sessions|
|HR Variability R-R recording||No|
|Transmission system||Not applicable|
|GPS Altimeter||Altitude via GPS|
|Virtual Partner / Pacing feature||Yes - Virtual Pacer|
|Number of GPS tracks||7 tracks|
|Number of Waypoints||N/A|
|Plan / Follow GPS routes?||No|
|GPS Pod Dimensions||N/A|
|Water Resistancy||Surface swimming - 50m|
|Battery Type in Watch/Unit||Sealed - rechargeable|
|Battery Life in Watch/Unit||5 hours in training mode, up to 5 weeks in power save mode|
|Chest Transmitter Battery||N/A|
|GPS chipset||High sensitivity|