Garmin FR70 Heart Rate Monitor - blue
The Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor has a fresh new look and colours with improved button functionality and restyled, robust wristbands. With different models specifically built for men and women, the sleek, easy-to-use Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor tells you your total exercise time, calories burned, time in 5 x heart rate training zones and more.
Garmin FR70 product code : 010-00743-72
Garmin FR70 Heart Rate Monitor (blue / unisex)
The Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor is a fresh replacement of the VERY POPULAR Garmin FR60 heart rate monitor. The Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor will log every mile and every minute and is a sleek fitness watch plus a workout tool that tracks your time, heart rate and calories burned. When bundled with the wireless foot pod, the Garmin FR70 also tracks speed and distance, indoors or out. Then, the Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor wirelessly sends your workout data via USB to your computer for later analysis.
Garmin FR70 first impressions
In our view, and please remember heartratemonitors.co.uk have first hand practical knowledge all the products we sell, the Garmin FR70 is one of the best heart rate monitors we have ever sold. Not only is the Garmin FR70 a very reasonably priced heart rate monitor but it has some very technical (and normally expensive) features like, Virtual Partner, 5 x Heart Rate training zones, Pace alerts, multisport mode to change the screen views of the heart rate monitor for different sports, up to 5 x training views for each sport with customisable screen views, from 1 to 4 lines per page. The Garmin FR70 really is a very powerful heart rate monitor. Remember also that the Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor is ANT+ enabled to it can be paired with any ANT+ heart rate belts (although it does come with one) or ANT+ bike speed sensors or ANT+ pedal cadence sensors.
Garmin FR70 post session reviews : View your heart rate monitor training session online at Garmin Connect™ where you can store, analyze and share with a community of fitness enthusiasts.
NOTE... the Garmin FR70 will NOT automatically switch from a bike sensor to a foot pod (or vice versa), for example, during a TRIATHLON - the user would need to press STOP, then START a new file to pick up the new sensor. That said, it is a very good heart rate monitor for multisport users who don't want to spend over £250 on a Garmin Forerunner 310XT or Garmin Forerunner 910XT GPS heart rate monitor.
Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor key features:
- The Garmin FR70 is an Easy-to-use fitness watch for indoor and outdoor use
- Battery life: One year, user-replaceable coin cell battery
- The Garmin FR70 is Water resistant to 50 meters
- Download data from the Garmin FR70 to both PC (Win 2000 or newer) and MAC (OS 10.4.11 or later, Intel based Power PC G4)
- The Garmin FR70 calculates time, heart rate and distance (on models with foot pod)
- Sleek and stylish
- Virtual Partner™ (user sets distance and desired completion time, Garmin FR70 will then pace you along)
- The Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor can be used for running, cycling and other fitness activities
- ANT+™ technology: Wirelessly connect to heart rate monitor, foot pod and speed cadence sensor, then share fitness data with your computer
Garmin FR70 : Watch features
- ANT+ fitness equipment compatible - check here for more details ANT+ interoperability
- Garmin FR70 is ANT+ weight scale compatible
- Two time zones with daily alarms (great for when going on holiday)
- Stopwatch with run time of 20 hrs / 100 lap memory
- Accurate heart rate based CALORIE computation
- Configurable training pages with auto scroll - hands free operation giving you all the info you need - see below++
- Auto Lap (user can set to auto lap every mile, kilometre etc - for recall post exercise)
- Heart rate zones - 5 (five) heart rate zones. Automatically set with option to manually personalise EACH zone
- Time in HR Zones - view time spent in HR zones via download to PC / MAC (this data NOT shown on watch)
- Alerts - FR70 can be set to alert after a specific time (i.e. 45 mins) or distance (5 miles)
- Zone alerts for Heart Rate (upper and lower), bike speed, running pace and pedal cadence (with optional pods)
- Time or Distance based intervals - user set up with optional warm up time - then intervals (time or distance based) x repeat number of times (with optional time based recovery) then finish with optional cool down.
- Weight of Garmin FR70: men’s 1.6 oz (44 g), women’s 1.4 oz (41 g)
- Display size of Garmin FR70: 0.8”W x 1.1”H (2.0 x 2.8 cm)
- Display resolution of Garmin FR70: 31W x 56H pixels
- Size: men’s 1.5”W x 2.2”H x 0.5”D (3.8 x 5.6 x 1.3 cm), women’s 1.5”W x 2.1”H x 0.6”D (3.8 x 5.2 x 1.4 cm)
- Operating temperature range: -10° C to 50° C
++ The Garmin FR70 has 5 VIEW modes that you can toggle between when training. You can enable, 1,2,3, 4 or all 5 views. Within each optional view, you can choose up to 3 parameters to display from: cadence, avg cadence, lap cadence, calories (based on exercising heart rate), distance, lap distance, heart rate, average hr, lap hr, % of max hr, av % of max hr, lap % of max hr, hr zone (1-5 zones), laps, pace, av pace, lap pace, speed, av speed, lap speed,steps, lap steps, time elapsed, time, lap time, ave lap time, time of day... WOW ! that's what we'd call "user configurable display option".
NOTE - to enable % of max HR, you need to set personal settings in Garmin Connect webservice to % of Max HR - then UPLOAD setting from Garmin Connect website (via uploader) to FR70 unit. You only need do this once.
What's In The Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor Box?
- Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor in BLUE / BLACK
- Garmin USB ANT Stick™ for wireless upload of training session
- Garmin Premium Heart rate monitor
- Garmin FR70 heart rate monitor user manual
Next Garmin Heart Rate Monitor Model Down from Garmin FR70 ??
Is the Garmin FR60 heart rate monitor, which only comes with the traditional style chest transmitter and the watch strap isn't quite as comfortable as this Garmin Premium heart rate transmitter with the Garmin FR70.
Next Garmin Heart Rate Monitor Model UP from Garmin FR70 ??
This is a tricky call because the Garmin FR70 is such a technically competent performer. If you want 5 x heart rate zones, interval training, virtual partner and pace alerts it would have to the Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS with heart rate.
|Watch/Unit Dimensions||1.5" x 2.2" x 0.5" (3.8 x 5.5 x 1.3 cm)|
|Time of Day||Yes|
|Chronograph / Stopwatch||Yes - 100 laps, 20 hours|
|Heart Rate Monitor||Yes - chest strap included|
|Show percent of max HR||Yes|
|Time Spent in HR Training Zone(s)||Yes|
|heart rate alarms||Yes|
|Distance measured||Yes - with optional Speed/Cadence Pod or Foot Pod|
|Running Pace||Yes - with optional Speed/Cadence Pod or Foot Pod|
|Pace / Speed alarms||Yes|
|Realtime Speed||Yes - with optional Speed/Cadence Pod or Foot Pod|
|Pedal Cadence||Yes - with optional Speed/Cadence Pod|
|Run Cadence||Yes - with optional Foot Pod|
|Swimetrics - swimming data||No|
|Training Load / Training Effect||No|
|Coaching / Training Programme||No|
|Resting heart rate / fitness test||No|
|Time left before recovered||No|
|Heart Rate recovery timer||No|
|PC / Mac upload||Yes - PC & Mac|
|Level of PC download data||Basic graphs and summary data|
|Session memory in watch||Yes - 100 laps, 20 hours|
|HR Variability R-R recording||No|
|Transmission system||Generic ANT+|
|GPS Altimeter||No Altimeter|
|Virtual Partner / Pacing feature||Yes|
|Number of GPS tracks||N/A|
|Number of Waypoints||N/A|
|Plan / Follow GPS routes?||No|
|GPS Pod Dimensions||N/A|
|Water Resistancy||Yes - 50m|
|Battery Type in Watch/Unit||Coincell - self change|
|Battery Life in Watch/Unit||8+ months|
|Chest Transmitter Battery||Coincell - self change|
Regular Price: £119.99
Special Price: £107.99